Avoiding scams, how do you do it?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

There are tons of “get rich quick” schemes online these days. Way more than just 10 years ago. With COVID shifting people to living and working from home, these scams only increased. How do you avoid them when looking for tips and profiting onine?

• Dana

If it sounds too good to be true, then it is! That is the one thing you need to keep in mind all the time when you see this stuff online. I have seen so many listings on Craigslist alone that are looking to scam people, it is not even funny. They all promise thousands of dollars a month for only a few hours of work a week. If it were really that easy, more people would be doing it!!

• I have fallen for a few in my time and I am quite embarrassed by it but I think a lot of people have. It sucks but once you know the telling signs, you won’t fall for it. As Dana said, if it sounds too good to be true, then it is!

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.