Buy chickens… Seriously!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

This is something I did a few years back and it has saved me a lot of money. I use a lot of eggs and my kids eat loads of them as well. It is one of the main protein sources so when a friend of mine was moving, he offered me his chickens. I started with 3 hens and now I have 8. The kids love them, they save us money, they are VERY cheap to feed, and we get fresh eggs on an almost daily basis.

• I have considered this several times but for me, it would be a lot harder. I don’t really have the yard space for them and I am currently renting so I am not sure my landlord would allow them. Plus, the neighbors might not appreciate the sound.

• Brie Anna

My parents have chickens, I actually grew up with them. It saved them loads of money and still does. I don’t need to buy and raise them as I can just go there each week and pick some up. I do want to get some of my own once I own a home though!

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.