Does using a food delivery service save you money?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • There are places online now that will deliver fresh groceries right to your door and a lot of people seem to think they save you money. I was looking at the cost and prices on Amazon’s service and they seem to have higher prices for most items vs the local store and on top of that, you have to pay a subscription fee. So, where are the savings exactly?

• Nick

I think they like to claim it does but in the long run, it doesn’t. If you compare the prices of the actual food items, they tend to be anywhere from 5 to 20% more than the cost in the store, and on top of that, you need to pay a subscription fee. Not worth it to me!

• Dana

I had a few in the past and honestly, if I did manage to save money, it was not much and the wait was annoying. I would much rather just buy what I can online and grab the rest in person. We have a smaller local shop here that always has great deals anyways.

• Brie Anna

Nope. My parents were using one and I went to the grocery store with my mom just a few weeks ago to compare the numbers. Shopping locally and in-person actually saved her nearly $30. She was paying for premium prices and a subscription fee each month which ended up making it more expensive.

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.