Earning Through Blogging

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author

I own a few blogs and make decent money through ad programs and affiliate links (Amazon Associates). I was making around $800 a month prior to the COVID outbreak. Since then, it has taken a pretty large hit because of Google changing things. I am working on getting it back up and hopefully reaching my goal of my blogs earning $2000 steady a month.

• Dana

Yes! I have two blogs. One is about gardening and the other is for general arts and crafts. I make an average of $800 between the two. It took a while to get here though and since 2020, my earnings have dropped off a bit. I was making $1200 in 2019 but my average is down to $800 now. Still, I am happy with it!

• If you can get right with Google and maintain traffic, you can earn a lot through blogging. The issue is that Google changes so much that you have to be prepared to make changes yourself. They do major changes usually in January of every year and it can really kill someone’s traffic to a site overnight.

• I noticed a dip early into the year. I bought up 4 already earning blogs (domains) and they were making around 20% more than they are now. Most earnings drop off in January and don’t pick up again until April but should be stabilized by now. I would look into things you can change to up those profits!

• How long does something like this take? I am sure a lot of blogs online earn little to nothing. I mean there is so much content online these days that unless a niche is not widely targeted, you will be competing with tons of already established websites/blogs so earning would be made to take longer and be harder, no?

Viewing 4 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.