Going meatless, does it save?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • Meat prices can be expensive so a tip a friend gave me recently was to have “meatless” meals or days. I am not a big meat eater to begin with so I wouldn’t exactly miss it but my husband loves his meat. I am thinking of having 2 days a week that are entirely meatless just to see if I save a good amount of money. Has anyone tried this here?

• Nick

You can still eat meat and not have it be expensive. I think this comes down to what you buy and where you buy it. Healthier cuts and options will obviously be more expensive. I prefer the more expensive kind so I just eat less in a single sitting. I eat meat almost daily but I do small servings so you can try cutting back first.

• I find it better to buy meat when you find it on sale and just freeze it. You are able to get higher quality meat and store it to have. I do this mostly with chicken since I am not a big beef or pork person but it works!

• I think buying as small and as local as you can when it comes to meats is best. I often find I am saving several dollars by dealing with the local butcher vs going to the chain grocery store.

Viewing 3 reply threads
    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.