How much does a garage cost in 2021?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I was trying to get an estimate online but I am getting all sorts of mixed numbers. I just want a rough estimate. I am looking at houses right now and found one in my price range but it is lacking a garage which is something I would need before winter hit. So I want to know how much to expect to be paying on top of what I offer the owner.

• The cost of lumber has gone up quite a bit so you might have a hard time finding an accurate estimate online. The national average in the US right now is $25,000. This included electrical. You can get it for less if you go with other material options but don’t expect to pay much less. I would say the cheapest 2 car garage you will be able to get would be around $18,000.

• Vince

^ I think it will cost more than $25k.

I think the standard for a one-car garage is probably around that but a two-car? With this lumber price increase? You are looking at 30k+.

• Gray W.

The wood/lumber is up right now in cost so with that knowledge, find the average and tack on 15%. That should give you a realistic number. I think 25k sounds about right though.

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.