I did woodwork on the side but the prices have gone up!

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I have always loved building things using wood. I had a side job I did part-time where I would build different things but most decks, rails, and steps for houses. The cost of lumber, in general, has gone up so much that I feel like I have to charge a lot more to do the same work and I feel like I am going to lose business because of it. Anyone else noticing their side job hurting from product price increases?

• Nick

I was so mad when I saw how much they went up. I fully intended on building a deck with my brother for my pool. I have an aboveground and wanted to make use of it more this summer as well as make it so my father can use it for his recovery. He is getting knee surgery at the end of the month. Needless to say, a $700 job is now looking to be a $2100 one. More than double. It sucks!

• Dana

My fiance and I were going to make a small deck for outside and changed our minds when we saw how high the prices went up. We just ended up getting those loose stones and filling in the area with that for now. It isn’t as nice but it functions for what we wanted.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.