I have a shared account with my ex, she has bad credit…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

We have yet to close the account as she has left me to pay all the debt and has even used the card 2 times without paying it. I am contacting the company this weekend and seeing if I can get removed somehow. Have her bad habits brought my scores down even more? I noticed they dropped in the last few months and I haven’t been able to pinpoint why.

• Dana

Yes! Her bad credit and lack of payments will bring your scores down and likely have. Get they sorted ASAP! A friend of mine had this happen to her with a joint account she had with her sister. She is still trying to recover her scores.

• I can’t remember the process of doing this but you can cancel it on your end. Who is the primary card older? Whoever’s name is the primary, which I am assuming is you, you will have to cancel her card and her profile attached to the card.

• Brie Anna

Call and get her name removed or ask for your name to be removed. You can tell them you are not using it and she keeps using it so you wish to give her the primary access and close yourself off from it.

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.