I owe over $50,000 (Not including my mortgage!)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I am still paying off college loans and have racked up some other debts from credit cars and loans (roof repair, auto loan) and now I have a big medical bill coming my way. It will likely add an additional 5k to the pile. I just don’t know where to start right now. I need to pay it off but I am overwhelmed. How can I approach this and get it paid off as fast a possible?

• Alex R.

Make use of this: https://www.budgetworksheets.org/debt-payoff/debt.php?amount=50,000

You can hire a financial advisor who can sort through everything and make it so you make ONE single payment for everything you owe each month which can be helpful since your debt is so great.

• Richie M.

You don’t want to keep sitting on those school debts. They will pile up real fast with interest and before you know it, you will not be able to do anything without the bank breathing down your neck.

• I am sorry you owe that much. I can’t even process that. The most debt I had was 18k and it was hard to manage but over 50!? I hope you figure something out and can get those numbers down. I would work with a financial adviser if possible.

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.