Insurance that offers a savings?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

I am not sure what the term is but I know there is insurance that offers people a savings account of sorts attached to their insurance and the money they do not use via their insurance is put into this fund and they can take it out later in life and use it for whatever they want. The idea is that this money is not taxed so you can effectively keep more of your earning money. Does anyone know what this is called?

• Richie M.

Are you talking about an HSA? (Health Savings Account)

I am going to assume this is what you mean based on what you mentioned. If you have insurance that has this and it is affordable, thank your lucky stars because they are rare!

Viewing 1 reply thread
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.