Is gold still a good investment?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

I feel like, in this modern age, gold only holds value because people say it does. I don’t know of very many uses for it that we rely on. Maybe I am missing something? I am not sure. Is good still a good investment to make today? Is it worth buying gold bars?

• Dana

Yes, and it will be for a long time. People hold value to it regardless of whether or not it is useful. If you want to make a smarter investment though, go with copper. That is actually useful and the price/cost is going up and up!

• Vince

Gold will always be valuable. The only case where it won’t be is if suddenly people needed food, water, and things for survival more. If someone walked up and wanted to trade you gold for water but someone else had seeds, you would take the seeds, not the gold.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.