Is it possible to raise your credit scores +100 in 3 months?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • I would like to start house shopping at the end of summer this year but I know I will need to have better credit scores in order to qualify for a good loan. I am trying to find some tips and information on how to raise my scores 100 points in 3 months. I know that it is tight but other people have managed. I guess this depends on the individual’s credit. Gaining 100 would put me just under 800.

• Sammy

I think you will have a hard time doing this. I have not known anyone to get more than 25 points in a month and that was a stretch. if you have less credit/debt, it might be easier but if you have more, don’t expect to see major changes like this even when you are taking steps in the right direction.

• Alex R.

Yes, it is possible but you need to figure out what works for you.

This guy might be helpful for you. While it worked out well for him, do not expect the same results!

• I think it is. I can’t tell you what I did for this as I was not tracking anything but I managed to get my scores up over 70 in two months so getting +100 in three months to me, would be doable. Just figure out your debts and make more payments. Maybe do two payments a month instead of one. That is what I was going. Taking money from each paycheck and it seemed to work!

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.