Is there a safe crypto?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • I have been wanting to get invested in crypto but I have no idea where to start. Everyone says Bitcoin but I wouldn’t even be able to buy a tenth of a single coin I don’t think. I would like to at least be able to have a decent amount of coins or whatever they are called. Does anyone know safe crypto to invest in that isn’t as expensive as Bitcoin?

• Vicky

Outside of Bitcoin, you can look into Ethereum, XRP, Cardano, Stellar, Uniswap, and Monero. Those are pretty popular right now and have a lot of support. They are not terribly expensive like Bitcoin is. Ethereum is the most sitting at just over 2.7k but has been as high as 4k I believe.

• Dana

I have to agree with the ones mentioned here. You want to go with more established names who have been around a while. If you go with a newer one, you are more likely to be scamed. It is always a good practice to be mindful of whales as well!

• Richie M.

No crypto is “safe”. They all come with risk. This is the same for stock investing. It is always a risk and nothing is ever 100% safe. I would say that the ones mentioned by Vicky have the most security but anything is possible. I mean any of those could tank overnight.

Viewing 2 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.