Is there anyway to cut down on powder usage for a pool?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
    • A friend of mine is considering getting rid of her pool because the electricity in the summer months just running the filter and such is over double! That is insane. I am not too happy about this because I go to her house to swim! I was considering pitching in to just keep her from taking it down but she wouldn’t take money from me. Is there any way to make it cheaper/more affordable?

• Brie Anna

Do you mean power? haha, the title made me laugh a bit, sorry!

One of the ways a friend of mine’s family did this was by running the filter less often. If the pool gets used almost daily, there is no need to run the filter 24/7. Just do regular tests of the water, every 3 days or so, and you should only need to run the filter 12 hours every 3 days.

• Gray W.

I don’t know about running the filter less… I have had issues with this and my pool turned green. This depends on where you live. Likely safer to do this in Arizona vs New York. It can be a hefty investment upfront but getting a solar panel to powder the pool’s filter could save you a lot.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.