Ways to save while grocery shopping?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I feel like I spend too much on groceries, especially considering it is just me, my brother, and our handful of pets living under the same roof. I have seen families with children spend less. What are some ways I can cut back without sacrificing things I enjoy eating?

• Nick

Well, one of the easiest ways is to just buy store-brand items or off-label/off-brand items. I know this is not always as easy when it comes to food because the “generic” stuff can be pretty hit or miss but it is worth trying different things out. You can save quite a bit this way.

• Dana

Avoid buying convenient foods! I can buy a frozen meal for $3 each or I can get all the ingredients to make the same meal for $10 and be able to have 6 or more meals from it so it makes sense for me to just meal prep. I think it is worth looking into if you never tried it.

• I would work on buying food you can make a lot of and freeze. Thing chili, soups, pasta sauce, things like that. You can easily make a bunch of that and have it for several meals.

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.