What options do I have to keep crypto safe-guarded?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I have some crypto investments and I would like to ensure they stay safe. I know the wallet system is pretty solid but I want to have an even more secure setup for my investments. What options are available for something like this right now?

• Vicky

One option that is increasing in popularity is using a cold wallet. If you are not familiar with this, it is the opposite of a “hot wallet” being your wallet on your phone or computer. You store information offline such as keeping your passwords written down and kept in a safe place or putting them on a USB. For more security, hardware wallets can be used.

• I agree with Vicky. While I am still new to everything, having a cold wallet is ideal. I am going to look into hardware wallets more myself as well. I heard about them late last year but didn’t actually start buying crypto until February of this year.

• You will have plenty of security within your wallet but you always want to make sure you keep your backup password string safe. In that, I would recommend keeping it somewhere that will not be lost, think even in the event of a fire. I know some people who just keep them inside their computer towers or in other appliances (written in permanent marker) for this reason.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.