When it comes to making the switch, where do you start?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I want to be more smart and frugal with my income. I have a considerable amount of debt and while I am making the most I have ever made (a solid income) I am still struggling with my past debts. Where do I start my transition into being more frugal, smart, and wise about my spending habits?

• Dana

I think you have to take baby steps and learn new habits, it can take time! I was terrible with my spending in my teens and early 20s but now that I am approaching 30, I have started thinking more long-term and I budget everything. I do my best to put at least 10% of every single check into my savings as well.

• Write down your spending habits for an entire month. Track what you spend on general goods, food, gas, monthly bills, insurance, and everything in between. Then look where you can cut corners. Start with that so you can make sure you are still able to maintain your needs. You can get more frugal as you adjust.

• I started making changes and adjusting in 2020. It wasn’t so bad. I mean you look for small things you can change to cut corners and save a few bucks here and there. Shop clearance, make use of sales and coupons and work on saving as much money as you can.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.