Would you sell a house you are still paying on for a profit?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author

A friend of mine seems to believe if I sold my house this summer, I could see as much as a $30k profit on it. Possible more than this. I am tempted to sell just to downsize and save on utilities but I feel like this could be more worth it than just that. I could have the 30k+ to buy a smaller home or I can use this to invest online or into a company idea I have had for a few years now and just rent. Not sure what to do yet. What would you do?

• Alex R.

Absolutely! But it would have to be a good size profit because I know how stressful moving can be. I moved 4 times growing up with my family and hated the experience each time. I moved out into an apartment and have been in the same place for 7 years but now I am looking to buy a home myself.

• I mentioned this in your other thread, JUST WAIT! Seriously. The market is going to see inflation and houses are going to go up in value. You will likely be able to make anywhere from 20 to 40% more this time next year.

Viewing 2 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.