Is blockchain and cryptocurrencies the same thing?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
    • I am extremely new to this so please pardon my question if it is a dumb thing to ask. I genuinely don’t know the difference here and when I read about both, at least in my understanding, they sound like they are one in the same thing. If they aren’t the same, can someone explain what the difference is?

• Vicky

The easiest way to explain this is that blockchain is the mechanics that crypto runs on. It is a technology that can and will do other things in the future for privacy and more. Without blockchain, crypto wouldn’t be able to exist.

• Dana

Yeah, Blockchain is the actual technology that has made crypto possible. This is not all that it can do either. This is believed to be a major component in the future of technology across the board!

• I hope more people realize this because there is growing concerns against the technology but I think this is from people who know little to nothing about it and think it only has to do with crypto.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.