Using LED bulbs

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

I finally made the switch for myself and my family. They were very reluctant to change. My mother didn’t trust the bulbs and my father was convinced it was a scam. I used a bonus I got to buy LED bulbs for the entire house (outside of appliances) and within the first month, they saw the cost of the electricity go down 30%! I think they will notice it more this month because I started the new bulbs on an uneven week.

Do you use LED bulbs in your house?

• I started using them a few years ago and while I am not a fan of the bright white coloration, I have found some that have that yellow hue so I don’t even notice the difference anymore. As for saving money, I think I save around $20 a month since switching which is great!

• Nick

It took me a while to change since I had a pretty large stock of the standard bulbs still. I ended up going full LED this year. I am not seeing much of a change but it was gradual for me from the start so I would have to compare my bill from last year to now to really see the difference.

• Brie Anna

We use some LED bulbs and some of the standard ones. It depends on the light and the room. I like to use regular ones in the office space as the LED lights tend to be too bright/white and bother my eyes. Since I work from home and sometimes work at night, I need the light to be warmer.

Viewing 3 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.