I was considering investing in DOGE…

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
    • So I was looking into this coin and I was tempted to invest and nearly did until someone told me something very important about it; there is no cap! So they can effectively keep mining this coin which is bad for long-term value. This kind of put me off from bothering with it but still, part of me wants to throw 50 or 100 bucks at it and just see what happens. I know that is a gamble though.

Does anyone here have any DOGE?

• Allen

I did buy some DOGE but as a joke between myself and my brother. I wish I had invested more than what I did. I ended up using the revenue to pay off the rest of my house and left some in there just in case. I can’t see it hitting much higher than $1.00 at this point though. As you said, they can just keep making and mining more.

• If you don’t mind me asking, how much did you make off your investments? Paying off a house to me sounds like you made a lot off DOGE. I guess it is not likely to have that great of a jump again so if you missed out, you missed out. At least that is what I have been reading since posting this.

• Everything I have read said not to invest in these kinds of coins because they are designed to be manipulated and if you are not in the know about when/where this will happen, you just end up losing money.

• Vicky

The thing with this coin is that it is only still relevant because of Elon Musk. If a coin’s value is hindered by the things one person says or does, it is not a smart investment. People flip flop on Elon all the time and the coin’s value is likely not going to increase more than we have seen already.

• Nick

That isn’t entirely true, it was more a less made popular because of memes and jokes about the coin and the fact that the coin itself was based on a long-running meme in a dog most people love.

• I have $50 worth of DOGE. I bought it a month or so back when it dropped during the SNL thing. I think that was a month ago. I could be wrong. I just know I bought it the next day. I am not expecting much, I just wanted to own some!

• DOGE is at like what, 0.36 right now? I mean you can easily invest a small number and if it booms again, see some solid profits or you could be out like 20 to 100 bucks. I think it is silly not to have some investments in it at this point. If you can spare a bit of money, just make the investment.

Viewing 5 reply threads
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Join a vibrant community with the sole mission to achieve financial independence.

The journey to financial freedom doesn't have to be lonely.

Pitch an idea

Contribute an article, share a story, join a group, or chat on the discussion board with similar frugal savvy individuals like yourself. Quality over quantity. Always.

Build great relations

Build connections, converse, and join the vibrant personal finance community. The journey to financial independence is just around the corner, and it doesn’t have to be lonely.

Become a FangWallet Insider

Get free access to becoming a FangWallet Insider, the personal finance community that has your best interest in mind.