This blog post may contain references to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products or services.
As a college student, you may be wondering how to generate extra means of income. Thanks to Prop 22 passing and the existence of independent contractors being feasible for just about anyone who has a driver’s license, just about anyone can work with some of the top food delivery apps in the industry like DoorDash, Uber Eats, Grubhub, and Postmates to generate some serious extra income.
Gone are the days where one may have to set-up their own business or lemonade stand. Thanks to the existence of the gig economy, there are a plethora of options to generate some serious change from side hustles like food delivery through apps like DoorDash and Uber Eats with little to no disruption to your college class schedule.
Thankfully, we have done the research and one of the best food delivery apps to deliver with is Uber Eats after considering a number of factors including safety, benefits, and pay compared to its competitors.
- Why Uber Eats is one of the best food delivery apps
- Prop 22 benefits for Drivers who deliver with Uber Eats
- How do Delivery Drivers with Uber Eats get paid?
- Benefits of delivering with Uber Eats as a college student
- What are the car requirements for delivering with Uber?
- How do I sign-up to become a Delivery Driver with Uber Eats
- What if I don’t have a car? Can I use a rental car to make money?
Why Uber Eats is one of the best food delivery apps
Ever since Prop 22 passed, Uber Eats has upped its game and have made a number of radical changes to its programs without sacrificing any of the incentives and perks for delivery drivers. In other words, it’s a win-win for Uber and delivery drivers on its platform.
Prop 22 benefits for Drivers who deliver with Uber Eats
Because of the passing of Prop 22 in California, Uber has introduced new opportunities for delivery drivers without sacrificing the flexibility of delivery drivers giving up the status of an independent contractor so you can work at any given moment at the comfort of your own schedule.
- Healthcare contributions for drivers who work at least 15 hours a week
- Occupational accident insurance to cover medical bills for injuries sustained while driving or delivering
In other words, as a driver with Uber, you get both the safety features of the app built in to ensure a seamless delivery experience with little to no interruption when you are on the road while benefiting from these new program perks.
How do Delivery Drivers with Uber Eats get paid?
Delivery Drivers with Uber Eats get paid on a weekly basis by direct deposit to your bank. You can also request for expedited cash outs with Instant Pay for a small fee (Terms apply).
Benefits of delivering with Uber Eats as a college student
Uber Eats is one of the more accessible food delivery platforms in that not only can you offer ride-sharing services, you also get the ability to offer food delivery services. In other words, you get the opportunity to earn from both opportunities rather than just one. Uber is known to be among one of the most popular rideshare and food delivery apps out there so you may receive a sheer volume of orders when delivering with Uber Eats.
What are the car requirements for delivering with Uber?
Uber Eats vets their applicants and has a certain minimum criterion in order to be an eligible delivery driver with Uber.
- Meet the minimum age to drive in your city
- Have at least one year of licensed driving experience in the US (3 years if you are under 23 years old)
- Have a valid US driver’s license
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle
- A valid US driver’s license
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- Proof of vehicle insurance if you plan to drive your own car
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus; it cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
Uber background check
After signing up, you can complete a screening online. It will review your driving record and criminal history.
How do I sign-up to become a Delivery Driver with Uber Eats
To check for eligible, exclusive sign-up bonus promotions and sign-up to become a delivery driver with Uber, click the link HERE.
What if I don’t have a car? Can I use a rental car to make money?
The answer is yes. We recommend using an established car rental program in HyreCar. HyreCar is the leading car rental company for gig economy gigs like Uber Eats, DoorDash, Postmates, and Instacart. Take advantage of this limited offer from HyreCar and claim a car rental today.
Become an Insider
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned and has not been endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone
The content of this website is for informational purposes only and does not represent investment advice, or an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security, investment, or product. Investors are encouraged to do their own due diligence, and, if necessary, consult professional advising before making any investment decisions. Investing involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses may occur.