This blog post may contain references to products or services from one or more of our advertisers or partners. We may receive compensation when you click on links to those products or services.
Rakuten is a popular cashback and rewards program that allows you to earn money back on your purchases at a variety of online retailers. By following a few simple strategies, you can maximize your cashback earnings and make the most of your shopping experience with Rakuten.
How to Maximize Cash Back for Rakuten in 2023
- Start by signing up for a Rakuten account. It’s free to join, and you’ll receive a welcome bonus just for signing up. You’ll also receive notifications about special promotions and cashback offers, which can help you save even more money.
- Shop through Rakuten whenever possible. Whenever you shop online, make sure to start your shopping experience on Rakuten. This ensures that you’ll earn cashback on your purchases. You can search for specific retailers or browse through the available categories to find what you’re looking for.
- Take advantage of Rakuten’s referral program. Rakuten rewards you for referring friends and family to the program. When someone you refer signs up and makes a purchase, you’ll both earn a referral bonus. This is a great way to earn extra cashback and spread the word about Rakuten.
- Use Rakuten’s in-store cashback feature. Rakuten offers cashback at select stores when you link a credit or debit card to your account and shop in-store. Be sure to check the list of participating stores before you shop to make sure you can earn cashback on your purchases.
- Stack your savings. Rakuten offers cashback on top of other discounts and promotions, so you can stack your savings and get the best deal possible. For example, if you have a coupon code for a retailer and you also shop through Rakuten, you’ll get the discount from the coupon code plus the cashback from Rakuten.
- Keep an eye out for special promotions. Rakuten often runs special promotions and bonuses that can help you earn even more cashback. Be sure to check your account frequently and look for notifications about these promotions so you don’t miss out.
- Use a credit card that earns rewards. If you use a credit card that earns rewards, such as cashback or points, you can stack your savings even more. For example, if you use a credit card that earns 2% cashback and you also shop through Rakuten, you’ll earn the cashback from your credit card plus the cashback from Rakuten.
- Choose the right payment method. Some payment methods, such as PayPal, may not be eligible for cashback. Be sure to check the terms and conditions of each retailer to see which payment methods are eligible for cashback.
- Use Rakuten’s browser extension. Rakuten offers a browser extension that makes it easy to shop through the program and earn cashback. The extension will alert you when you’re shopping at a retailer that offers cashback, and it will also help you find coupons and discounts to save even more money.
- Redeem your cashback regularly. Rakuten allows you to redeem your cashback as soon as it’s available, so be sure to cash out your earnings regularly to get the most out of the program. You can choose to receive your cashback as a check, a direct deposit, or a gift card.
By following these tips, you can maximize your cashback earnings and get the most out of your shopping experience with Rakuten. Whether you’re shopping for groceries, clothing, or electronics, Rakuten can help you save money on your purchases and earn extra cash in the process.
Become an Insider
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content on this page is not provided by any of the companies mentioned and has not been endorsed by any of these entities. Opinions expressed here are author's alone
The content of this website is for informational purposes only and does not represent investment advice, or an offer or solicitation to buy or sell any security, investment, or product. Investors are encouraged to do their own due diligence, and, if necessary, consult professional advising before making any investment decisions. Investing involves a high degree of risk, and financial losses may occur.